Design of the Program
This program is designed as an integrative program that can be accomplished within 2 years and, not more than 3 years. While doing full-time study, the student has to take 14 courses (consisting 6 courses in systematic theology, 6 courses in mission, and 2 elective courses), pass the comprehensive exam, and successfully write and defend a thesis.
After studying for two semesters, the student must take a comprehensive exam held in the fifth week of the third semester. During the third semester, he must begin to plan for writing a thesis, to write a thesis proposal and, afterwards, to present and to defend it to the board of examiners on the eighth week in the third semester (3 weeks after doing comprehensive examination). After passing the proposal examination, he can directly write a thesis until the end of the fourth semester. Therefore, all the requirements of this program of study can be normally accomplished within two years.
- Prospective student must have a first degree in theology (B.D.) or its equivalent with the minimum of GPA 2.5 (in a 4.0 scale). For this purpose, he should attach the diploma and official transcripts from his previous studies. All the academic documents must be sent directly by the previous school to SEABS, c.q. the Director of the Program. He should be responsible for requesting all the documents from his previous school.
- Prospective student should have at least has 3 years experience of ministry in the church, mission field or other Christian ministerial institutions, and has the approval and recommendation for studying at this program in a full-time basis from these institutions.
- Prospective student must take entrance examinations such as psycho-test, Biblical, theological and mission knowledge; and analyzing the problems. He is required to be interviewed and to submit a research paper (8-9 pages) which is recently written.
- Prospective student must pass an English test.
- Prospective student must:
- Send recommendation forms (prepared by SEABS) to two persons and ask them to fill them out. One is a ministerial recommendation from his former colleagues, and the other is an academic recommendation from a former teacher in the previous theological school. These letters must be sent directly by the ones giving the recommendations to the Director of the Program.
- Fill a form which states the purpose of the prospective student to take further study and his prospective ministry in the future.
- Fill a form which states how the student would finance the study (if someone or an institution financially supports him, that person or institution must write a statement). If he plans to finance his study by himself, he is required to sign this form.
- Fill and attach a physical examination form.
- Attach three recent ID pictures (4X6 cm), and pay a Rp. 100,000.00 for admission and entrance exam fee (not refundable). This fee must be sent to SEABS account through bank, Bank BCA Malang, no. acc. A/C 011-3138219. After paying, fax or mail the copy of proof of payment directly to SEABS.